ABILENE, Texas - The man arrested after a deadly confrontation with Abilene police was in federal court Tuesday.
Charles Camp is charged with having a gun, even though he's a convicted felon.
He was arrested after police served a search warrant at Abilene Gold Exchange last week on S. Danville road.
Police say another co-owner, Marcus Cass, pull a gun on them. He was shot and killed by detectives.
The two business owners are accused of not holding precious metals they bought for a certain number of days as required by law.
KTXS news also obtained a federal subpoena from Camp's lawyer. In it, attorney Randy Wilson is requesting that police provide any and all surveillance video of when the warrant was served, and also video and recordings from the interrogation of his client.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated