ABILENE, Texas - The man arrested after a deadly confrontation with Abilene police was in federal court Tuesday.
Charles Camp is charged with having a gun, even though he's a convicted felon.
He was arrested after police served a search warrant at Abilene Gold Exchange last week on S. Danville road.
Police say another co-owner, Marcus Cass, pull a gun on them. He was shot and killed by detectives.
The two business owners are accused of not holding precious metals they bought for a certain number of days as required by law.
KTXS news also obtained a federal subpoena from Camp's lawyer. In it, attorney Randy Wilson is requesting that police provide any and all surveillance video of when the warrant was served, and also video and recordings from the interrogation of his client.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide