ABILENE, Texas - Police suspect a man who jumped railroad tracks and stopped in a field was driving under the influence.
According to witnesses at the scene, a man driving a red Nissan SUV on Friday afternoon swerved off of Highway 80. He allegedly hit a stop sign then swerved to the other side of the highway to hit another stop sign.
Witnesses said the driver then jumped the tracks along Highway 80 and stopped in a field.
One witness tried to help the man, but he refused any help.
Police on the scene told KTXS they planned to arrest the man for suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017