ABILENE, Texas - Police suspect a man who jumped railroad tracks and stopped in a field was driving under the influence.
According to witnesses at the scene, a man driving a red Nissan SUV on Friday afternoon swerved off of Highway 80. He allegedly hit a stop sign then swerved to the other side of the highway to hit another stop sign.
Witnesses said the driver then jumped the tracks along Highway 80 and stopped in a field.
One witness tried to help the man, but he refused any help.
Police on the scene told KTXS they planned to arrest the man for suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget