ABILENE, Texas - Police suspect a man who jumped railroad tracks and stopped in a field was driving under the influence.
According to witnesses at the scene, a man driving a red Nissan SUV on Friday afternoon swerved off of Highway 80. He allegedly hit a stop sign then swerved to the other side of the highway to hit another stop sign.
Witnesses said the driver then jumped the tracks along Highway 80 and stopped in a field.
One witness tried to help the man, but he refused any help.
Police on the scene told KTXS they planned to arrest the man for suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck