ABILENE, Texas - Police suspect a man who jumped railroad tracks and stopped in a field was driving under the influence.
According to witnesses at the scene, a man driving a red Nissan SUV on Friday afternoon swerved off of Highway 80. He allegedly hit a stop sign then swerved to the other side of the highway to hit another stop sign.
Witnesses said the driver then jumped the tracks along Highway 80 and stopped in a field.
One witness tried to help the man, but he refused any help.
Police on the scene told KTXS they planned to arrest the man for suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
- Security guard fatally shot at Central Texas Subway sandwich shop
- Drive-by shooter targets police substation in Dallas
- Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- KTXS Forecast: Breezy and sunny days ahead, a cool down on the way
- Joseph Wapner, star of 'The People's Court,' dead at 97
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash