ABILENE, Texas - Police suspect a man who jumped railroad tracks and stopped in a field was driving under the influence.
According to witnesses at the scene, a man driving a red Nissan SUV on Friday afternoon swerved off of Highway 80. He allegedly hit a stop sign then swerved to the other side of the highway to hit another stop sign.
Witnesses said the driver then jumped the tracks along Highway 80 and stopped in a field.
One witness tried to help the man, but he refused any help.
Police on the scene told KTXS they planned to arrest the man for suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated