ABILENE, Texas - Investigators say a West Texas man is charged with murder in the death of a woman who's been missing for more than a year.
Jeremy Thornburg of Sweetwater was arrested Monday. He was apprehended in Abilene and is being held at the Young County jail on a $750,000 bond.
Department of Public Safety Senior Trooper Tony Fulton says 20-year-old Candice Shields was living with her grandparents in the Young County town of Graham when she went missing in December 2011. Graham is about 120 miles northwest of Dallas.
Fulton says the 24-year-old Thornburg was interviewed during the course of the investigation and had remained a person of interest.
Fulton says he didn't know a motive for the killing. He also didn't know if Shields' body has been found.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances