ABILENE, Texas - Sunday wrapped up tax-free weekend and residents of the Big Country appreciated the savings.
Items like school supplies, certain clothing and shoes were all tax free during the three-day holiday.
Shopper Krista Wilcox said that buying for her three children is never easy, so she appreciates any time she can save.
"Anything we can save with a family of three, and especially two girls, it helps," Wilcox said. "We usually make a trip over here [Target] and get our supplies and our clothes and all the extras we need."
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated