ABILENE, Texas - Taylor County commissioners will begin budget hearings Monday.
According to Sheriff Ricky Bishop, a pay committee has been formed to propose salary increases.
"There's 520 employees for the county," Bishop said. "There's numerous employees that are more than 30 percent below the market study that was done so what is being--what they would like to propose is bringing everyone that's more than 15 percent below that up to the 15 percent mark and then next year start trying to dwindle that number down so we can get more to--more comparable and get down to average."
Bishop will present the Taylor County Sheriff's Office budget Wednesday. He said he hopes commissioners will agree to replace patrol cars that have built up expensive maintenance costs over the years and add additional deputies to offset the inmate to deputy ratio at the Taylor County Jail.
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death