ABILENE, Texas - If you're a homeowner in Taylor County your property taxes are probably going up.
Taylor County commissioners gave preliminary approval Tuesday to a tax rate that will be a little more than 2-cents higher than the current rate.
The rate would be 50.47-cents per $100 valuation beginning with the new fiscal year which starts October 1st.
Two public hearing will be held on the budget and the tax rate, one on September 3 and a second on September 10.
Commissioners will give their final approval to the budget after that.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program