ABILENE, Texas - If you're a homeowner in Taylor County your property taxes are probably going up.
Taylor County commissioners gave preliminary approval Tuesday to a tax rate that will be a little more than 2-cents higher than the current rate.
The rate would be 50.47-cents per $100 valuation beginning with the new fiscal year which starts October 1st.
Two public hearing will be held on the budget and the tax rate, one on September 3 and a second on September 10.
Commissioners will give their final approval to the budget after that.
- Updated Search continues in Sweetwater after man ditches motorcycle, flees
- New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend