ABILENE, Texas - If you're a homeowner in Taylor County your property taxes are probably going up.
Taylor County commissioners gave preliminary approval Tuesday to a tax rate that will be a little more than 2-cents higher than the current rate.
The rate would be 50.47-cents per $100 valuation beginning with the new fiscal year which starts October 1st.
Two public hearing will be held on the budget and the tax rate, one on September 3 and a second on September 10.
Commissioners will give their final approval to the budget after that.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth