ABILENE, Texas - The Taylor County Commissioners on Tuesday approved longtime Department of Public Safety trooper Bob Shea as the new Justice of the Peace.
Shea, who has served as a DPS trooper for 40 years, was selected from five applicants.
Shea will replace Justice of the Peace Mike Pueschel, who will step aside Monday. Although a date hasn't been set as to when Shea will be sworn in, he can assume his role anytime after Peuschel steps down.
- Girl, 17, missing after police find three bodies at her home in California
- Updated Poll: Clinton, Trump virtually tied headed into debate
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Approaching cold front to bring below average temperatures
- Abilene Zoo celebrates Golden Zoobilation
- Officials: Texas man kills father during disturbance