ABILENE, Texas - The Taylor County Commissioners on Tuesday approved longtime Department of Public Safety trooper Bob Shea as the new Justice of the Peace.
Shea, who has served as a DPS trooper for 40 years, was selected from five applicants.
Shea will replace Justice of the Peace Mike Pueschel, who will step aside Monday. Although a date hasn't been set as to when Shea will be sworn in, he can assume his role anytime after Peuschel steps down.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Updated Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck