ABILENE, Texas - The Taylor County Commissioners on Tuesday approved longtime Department of Public Safety trooper Bob Shea as the new Justice of the Peace.
Shea, who has served as a DPS trooper for 40 years, was selected from five applicants.
Shea will replace Justice of the Peace Mike Pueschel, who will step aside Monday. Although a date hasn't been set as to when Shea will be sworn in, he can assume his role anytime after Peuschel steps down.
- Updated Redevelopment for West Texas Hilton hotel opened in 1929
- Updated Video of black Texas woman thrown to ground sparks review
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin