ABILENE, Texas - The Taylor County Commissioners on Tuesday approved longtime Department of Public Safety trooper Bob Shea as the new Justice of the Peace.
Shea, who has served as a DPS trooper for 40 years, was selected from five applicants.
Shea will replace Justice of the Peace Mike Pueschel, who will step aside Monday. Although a date hasn't been set as to when Shea will be sworn in, he can assume his role anytime after Peuschel steps down.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth