ABILENE, Texas - Starting Monday, the main entrance to the Taylor County Courthouse will be located at the southwest corner of the building.
It's the corner closest to the intersection of Chestnut and South 3rd Street.
The entry process will stay the same. No objects that could be used as weapons – including pocket knives – will be permitted inside the building.
County Judge Downing Bolls said he believes the change will make parking easier.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store