ABILENE, Texas - Starting Monday, the main entrance to the Taylor County Courthouse will be located at the southwest corner of the building.
It's the corner closest to the intersection of Chestnut and South 3rd Street.
The entry process will stay the same. No objects that could be used as weapons – including pocket knives – will be permitted inside the building.
County Judge Downing Bolls said he believes the change will make parking easier.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated