ABILENE, Texas - Monday, Republicans gathered at the Taylor County Elections Office to draw for ballot positions in the upcoming March 4 primary election.
It's long been debated whether a ballot position plays a role in how many votes a candidate gets.
There are several positions that have more than one Republican on the ballot. County Commissioner Precincts 2 and 4, 326th District Judge, and County Court at Law 2 Judge are among those to be voted on county-wide. There are also contested positions in party leadership including party chair.
Both the Democratic and Republican primaries are March 4. No Taylor County Democrat faces a challenger in the primaries.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth