ABILENE, Texas - Monday, Republicans gathered at the Taylor County Elections Office to draw for ballot positions in the upcoming March 4 primary election.
It's long been debated whether a ballot position plays a role in how many votes a candidate gets.
There are several positions that have more than one Republican on the ballot. County Commissioner Precincts 2 and 4, 326th District Judge, and County Court at Law 2 Judge are among those to be voted on county-wide. There are also contested positions in party leadership including party chair.
Both the Democratic and Republican primaries are March 4. No Taylor County Democrat faces a challenger in the primaries.
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized