ABILENE, Texas - The West Texas Fair and Rodeo is in full swing at the Taylor County Expo Center.
As you head out to have fun, Taylor County Sheriff Ricky Bishop wants to remind you to "be safe."
Sheriff's deputies will patrol the fair grounds around the clock. They are asking families to be safe getting on and off rides. They urge people to be sure to follow the rules of the park and have responsible fun while staying cautious around the animals on the grounds.
"We had an incident, I believe it was last night, where someone went up to pet a cow and got kicked and she just got jittery," Sheriff Bishop said. "Some of these animals are in an environment that they're not used to, so just be careful and be sure to go up and talk to the owner before you go up and talk to any of the animals."
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash