ABILENE, Texas - The Taylor County Sheriff's Office was busy over the weekend, including handling an aggravated assault at a residence near Lake Abilene.
The incident, which was reported about 6 p.m. Saturday, began after a complaint about a speeding vehicle, a news release said.
A man was assaulted after confronting another male at the residence. Another male complained of also being assaulted – and a handgun, possibly used in the incident, was seized as evidence.
A "case report" was taken for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Here's the complete Taylor County Sheriff's Office report:
09/06 12:46 AM: 911 Call received from a residence on Avenue A in Lawn. Dispatcher can hear male and female yelling at each other. Female states she wants Caller arrested, and that he is "turning the lights on and off." No physical violence committed at this point, but female believes it will occur. Officers contacted both parties. Female awaiting call back from male's home health care provider, concerning if they can help him find a place to stay for the night. Parties have separated within the home, and female will call TCSO again once she has talked with home health representative.
09/06 9:34 AM: Assault reported on Iberis Road. Victim had already been transported to an Abilene location by private vehicle. Report taken for Assault/Family Violence.
09/06 1:52 PM: Caller on Apple Blossom concerned about e-mails stating unknown loan payment is past due. Scam messages are originating from Australia. Caller advised how to safeguard credit information.
09/06 2:21 PM: Unknown trouble reported by OnStar at a residence on Mulberry Road in Merkel. Vehicle emergency signal was activated, then it began moving. Female driver was contacted and officers confirmed button was pressed accidentally.
09/06 4:07 PM: Arrest in the 1800 block of South 11th. A cell phone was taken by a subject, who left the fairgrounds on-foot. Officers located the subject and recovered the phone.
09/06 10:26 PM: Burglary of a Habitation reported on North Esta Neva, in Buffalo Gap. Victim will re-contact once he determines what has been taken. An inside door was kicked-in.
09/06 10:28 PM: Disturbance reported at a residence on County Road 304 in Merkel. Husband is intoxicated, and verbal argument may become physical. No assault occurred, and both parties agreed to separate for the night.
09/06 11:24 PM: Disturbance reported on Brown Street, in Tuscola. Caller is hearing other people yelling, nearby. Father and son verbal argument. No criminal offense discovered.
09/07 6:03 PM: Aggravated Assault reported at a residence near Lake Abilene. Incident began over complaint about vehicle speeding. Caller's husband was assaulted upon confronting male party at that person's residence.
Other male party states he was assaulted also. A handgun which was possibly used in the incident, was seized as evidence. Case report taken for Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon.
09/08 9:34 AM: Burglary of a Motor Vehicle reported in the 1800 block of S. 11th. Victim states relative drove their car to the fair to attend the tractor pull on previous date, and while there someone broke out one of the vehicle's windows and stole an over-and-under 20-guage shotgun. Report taken.
- Updated Police chief: Homicide investigation continues regarding Brownwood man's death
- Updated Brownwood murder suspect wants lower bond to go to theme parks, judge denies
- Updated Texas boy dies after stepping into puddle with downed power line
- Teen's body recovered from Texas lake after canoe capsized
- Sweetwater teen wins gold medal in national powerlifting competition
- Abilene families release butterflies to remember their loved ones
- Young horse riders show off skills in Abilene
- Dog show held at Mall of Abilene
- Eighteen seniors graduate from Abilene Christian School
- Weather doesn't keep Williams from canvassing for votes
- Abilene's new aquatic center to open mid-June
- Police chief: Homicide investigation continues regarding Brownwood man's death
- Brownwood police release ID of man shot in head, upgrade charges against suspect
- 3 firefighters, 1 other injured in Brownwood house fire
- Man in critical condition after shooting in Brownwood, suspect arrested
- TEA says Mullin ISD violated education codes, defrauded state
- Brown County man sentenced to 35 years in prison for child sex crime
- Dyess We Care Team repairs the home of a WWII veteran
- Sweetwater residents welcome rain after severe storm
- NWS confirms multiple tornadoes touched down in northern Brown County
- DPS identifies driver of 18-wheeler that crashed off overpass in Callahan County
- Rain totals: 'Quite measurable' amounts recorded in Big Country
- Sweetwater police chase ends with car on top of 2 pickup trucks