ABILENE, Texas - The department celebrated the career of Carol Taylor Friday.
Taylor began working for the department 33 years ago as a secretary. Over the years, she worked her way up to become a lieutenant.
Sheriff Les Bruce honored Taylor with a plaque at a ceremony Friday afternoon.
- Hillary Clinton's challenge: Igniting excitement
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Updated Texas sales tax holiday set for first weekend of August