ABILENE, Texas - The department celebrated the career of Carol Taylor Friday.
Taylor began working for the department 33 years ago as a secretary. Over the years, she worked her way up to become a lieutenant.
Sheriff Les Bruce honored Taylor with a plaque at a ceremony Friday afternoon.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Updated Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program