ABILENE, Texas - The department celebrated the career of Carol Taylor Friday.
Taylor began working for the department 33 years ago as a secretary. Over the years, she worked her way up to become a lieutenant.
Sheriff Les Bruce honored Taylor with a plaque at a ceremony Friday afternoon.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account