ABILENE, Texas - The department celebrated the career of Carol Taylor Friday.
Taylor began working for the department 33 years ago as a secretary. Over the years, she worked her way up to become a lieutenant.
Sheriff Les Bruce honored Taylor with a plaque at a ceremony Friday afternoon.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking