ABILENE, Texas - Another teacher from Austin Elementary Kelle Ratcliff won Teacher Tribute. Ratcliff is a kindergarten teacher and was nominated by her former student Ashley Filorio.
Filorio said this in her letter, "Mrs. Ratcliff you are my favorite teacher because you are caring, loving and thoughtful. You always put others before yourself."
Tears of joy fell down Kelle Ratcliff's face after she read it to hundreds of Austin Elementary students.
"That letter, aw, I mean I don't see how it would not bring tears to anybody's eyes," Ratcliff said. "It was just so kind and thoughtful. It's something I will always remember."
Ratcliff has been teaching for nine years. Her reason for becoming a teacher? She wanted to do something that made a difference.
"I'm very excited and shocked and honored all at the same time," Ratcliff said. "It's just the small things that make you feel appreciated."
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen