ABILENE, Texas - Another teacher from Austin Elementary Kelle Ratcliff won Teacher Tribute. Ratcliff is a kindergarten teacher and was nominated by her former student Ashley Filorio.
Filorio said this in her letter, "Mrs. Ratcliff you are my favorite teacher because you are caring, loving and thoughtful. You always put others before yourself."
Tears of joy fell down Kelle Ratcliff's face after she read it to hundreds of Austin Elementary students.
"That letter, aw, I mean I don't see how it would not bring tears to anybody's eyes," Ratcliff said. "It was just so kind and thoughtful. It's something I will always remember."
Ratcliff has been teaching for nine years. Her reason for becoming a teacher? She wanted to do something that made a difference.
"I'm very excited and shocked and honored all at the same time," Ratcliff said. "It's just the small things that make you feel appreciated."
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash