ABILENE, Texas - Another teacher from Austin Elementary Kelle Ratcliff won Teacher Tribute. Ratcliff is a kindergarten teacher and was nominated by her former student Ashley Filorio.
Filorio said this in her letter, "Mrs. Ratcliff you are my favorite teacher because you are caring, loving and thoughtful. You always put others before yourself."
Tears of joy fell down Kelle Ratcliff's face after she read it to hundreds of Austin Elementary students.
"That letter, aw, I mean I don't see how it would not bring tears to anybody's eyes," Ratcliff said. "It was just so kind and thoughtful. It's something I will always remember."
Ratcliff has been teaching for nine years. Her reason for becoming a teacher? She wanted to do something that made a difference.
"I'm very excited and shocked and honored all at the same time," Ratcliff said. "It's just the small things that make you feel appreciated."
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated