ABILENE, Texas - Austin Elementary kindergarten teacher Tanya Lamb loves teaching.
She must – she's been doing it for 22 years.
Her love of being in the classroom has translated into her being named this week's Teacher Tribute winner.
Lamb grew up in a large family, which she said helped in her career.
"I laugh every day," Lamb said. "They are just hilarious. I mean kids say the darndest things and so you never know what's going to come out of their mouths."
Whether it's teaching her little ones to count with dinosaur feet cutouts or letting them use their imagination by coloring, Lamb enjoys working at Austin Elementary.
"There's probably no other job in the world where your clients love you so much and they think you are just amazing," Lamb said.
Juantazia Nicholson wrote the letter to nominate Lamb for Teacher Tribute, but she's not so little anymore.
Nicholson is now in third grade and still remembers her kindergarten teacher.
"It's very humbling to know that someone a few years down the road remembers your influence on their life," Lamb said.
She said she feels fortunate to be at Austin Elementary with incredible colleagues and parent support.
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Updated Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans