ABILENE, Texas - A teenager was hospitalized Thursday afternoon after allegedly failing to halt at a south Abilene stop sign.
According to police, the 16-year-old crashed at the corner of Hartford Street and South Pioneer Drive around 3 p.m. The teen allegedly disobeyed a stop sign, hit a car and smashed into a home.
She was taken to Hendrick Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries and will receive a citation for disobeying the stop sign. The other driver was not injured.
A building inspector will examine the home.
- Updated Supporters mark slain girl's 10th birthday in Albuquerque
- Updated Police: 2 College Station deaths related to drugs, robbery
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Fried Jell-O among top food winners for State Fair of Texas
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene