ABILENE, Texas - A teenager was hospitalized Thursday afternoon after allegedly failing to halt at a south Abilene stop sign.
According to police, the 16-year-old crashed at the corner of Hartford Street and South Pioneer Drive around 3 p.m. The teen allegedly disobeyed a stop sign, hit a car and smashed into a home.
She was taken to Hendrick Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries and will receive a citation for disobeying the stop sign. The other driver was not injured.
A building inspector will examine the home.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances