ABILENE, Texas - A teenager was hospitalized Thursday afternoon after allegedly failing to halt at a south Abilene stop sign.
According to police, the 16-year-old crashed at the corner of Hartford Street and South Pioneer Drive around 3 p.m. The teen allegedly disobeyed a stop sign, hit a car and smashed into a home.
She was taken to Hendrick Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries and will receive a citation for disobeying the stop sign. The other driver was not injured.
A building inspector will examine the home.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot