ABILENE, Texas - A teenager was arrested for allegedly damaging a school bus parked at a Whataburger restaurant in south Abilene early Saturday morning.
Witnesses at the restaurant, located in the 3100 block of South Danville Drive, reported 19-year-old Cody Gentry to Taylor County Sheriff deputies just before 4 a.m. Saturday.
According to an Abilene police report, Gentry had allegedly pulled on the bus's stop sign and bent it. Deputies told police Gentry was unsteady on his feet and smelled of alcohol.
Gentry is charged with class C public intoxication.
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities