ABILENE, Texas - A teenager was arrested for allegedly damaging a school bus parked at a Whataburger restaurant in south Abilene early Saturday morning.
Witnesses at the restaurant, located in the 3100 block of South Danville Drive, reported 19-year-old Cody Gentry to Taylor County Sheriff deputies just before 4 a.m. Saturday.
According to an Abilene police report, Gentry had allegedly pulled on the bus's stop sign and bent it. Deputies told police Gentry was unsteady on his feet and smelled of alcohol.
Gentry is charged with class C public intoxication.
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Gun and knife show returns to Abilene this weekend
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit