ABILENE, Texas - A teenager was arrested for allegedly damaging a school bus parked at a Whataburger restaurant in south Abilene early Saturday morning.
Witnesses at the restaurant, located in the 3100 block of South Danville Drive, reported 19-year-old Cody Gentry to Taylor County Sheriff deputies just before 4 a.m. Saturday.
According to an Abilene police report, Gentry had allegedly pulled on the bus's stop sign and bent it. Deputies told police Gentry was unsteady on his feet and smelled of alcohol.
Gentry is charged with class C public intoxication.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash