ABILENE, Texas - A teenager was arrested for allegedly damaging a school bus parked at a Whataburger restaurant in south Abilene early Saturday morning.
Witnesses at the restaurant, located in the 3100 block of South Danville Drive, reported 19-year-old Cody Gentry to Taylor County Sheriff deputies just before 4 a.m. Saturday.
According to an Abilene police report, Gentry had allegedly pulled on the bus's stop sign and bent it. Deputies told police Gentry was unsteady on his feet and smelled of alcohol.
Gentry is charged with class C public intoxication.
- 17 children adopted at Taylor County Courthouse on Adoption Day
- Texas spirit: How a fatal wreck brought hundreds of cheerleaders together
- Police: 2 Abilene men face federal charges for filming sexual assault of girl, 12
- Lineup announced for 7th annual Outlaws & Legends Music Festival
- Police need help identifying Abilene theft suspect
- Man, 24, killed in Jones County crash
- Reindeer involved in accident near Sweetwater weeks before Christmas
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale