ABILENE, Texas - A teenager was arrested for allegedly damaging a school bus parked at a Whataburger restaurant in south Abilene early Saturday morning.
Witnesses at the restaurant, located in the 3100 block of South Danville Drive, reported 19-year-old Cody Gentry to Taylor County Sheriff deputies just before 4 a.m. Saturday.
According to an Abilene police report, Gentry had allegedly pulled on the bus's stop sign and bent it. Deputies told police Gentry was unsteady on his feet and smelled of alcohol.
Gentry is charged with class C public intoxication.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated