ABILENE, Texas - Two Abilene teenagers were arrested Friday in connection to an alleged robbery over a wallet containing just five dollars.
Davadrick McBride, 18, and Tyrine Freeman, 17, were arrested for the early Friday morning robbery at Las Brisas Apartments.
The victim told police three men assaulted him and took his wallet.
Officers said they could hear people yelling in a nearby apartment unit and one of the voices said "we robbed him for $5."
McBride and Freeman allegedly admitted to their involvement in the crime. They are both charged with second degree felony robbery and, as of Saturday, remain in the Taylor County Jail on $25,000 bond.
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen