ABILENE, Texas - Two Abilene teenagers were arrested Friday in connection to an alleged robbery over a wallet containing just five dollars.
Davadrick McBride, 18, and Tyrine Freeman, 17, were arrested for the early Friday morning robbery at Las Brisas Apartments.
The victim told police three men assaulted him and took his wallet.
Officers said they could hear people yelling in a nearby apartment unit and one of the voices said "we robbed him for $5."
McBride and Freeman allegedly admitted to their involvement in the crime. They are both charged with second degree felony robbery and, as of Saturday, remain in the Taylor County Jail on $25,000 bond.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated