ABILENE, Texas - A severe thunderstorm rolled through Abilene around 6 p.m. Thursday evening, dropping heavy rain and very large hail.
The National Weather Service issued a severe thunderstorm warning for the area as it rolled through.
The KTXS Doppler Radar indicated the largest of the hail fell through central and eastern portions of the city. Though reports from viewers also mentioned quarter and golf-ball sized hail falling in the southwestern portion of the city.
Downtown Abilene was hit particularly hard, with multiple reports of broken windows and other damage to cars and windows.
Some of the larger reports of hail, and confirmed by KTXS, were tennis and baseball in size.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances