ABILENE, Texas - A severe thunderstorm rolled through Abilene around 6 p.m. Thursday evening, dropping heavy rain and very large hail.
The National Weather Service issued a severe thunderstorm warning for the area as it rolled through.
The KTXS Doppler Radar indicated the largest of the hail fell through central and eastern portions of the city. Though reports from viewers also mentioned quarter and golf-ball sized hail falling in the southwestern portion of the city.
Downtown Abilene was hit particularly hard, with multiple reports of broken windows and other damage to cars and windows.
Some of the larger reports of hail, and confirmed by KTXS, were tennis and baseball in size.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range