ABILENE, Texas - The "TET Reunion" lunch was held Saturday afternoon at the Taylor County Expo Center to raise money for Vietnam war veterans.
Donations were accepted for the lunch.
The funds will go toward a trip that will send 30 American and 30 British veterans to Vietnam to complete a 300 mile bike ride.
"Being able to raise money to take Vietnam veterans back over to Vietnam who have always wanted to go but never had the money...we want to give back," said Janis Roznowski of Operationcomfort.org.
Riders will train in San Antonio and the trip will be held in March of 2014.
Special bikes will made to accommodate disabled veterans.
- Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer