ABILENE, Texas - The "TET Reunion" lunch was held Saturday afternoon at the Taylor County Expo Center to raise money for Vietnam war veterans.
Donations were accepted for the lunch.
The funds will go toward a trip that will send 30 American and 30 British veterans to Vietnam to complete a 300 mile bike ride.
"Being able to raise money to take Vietnam veterans back over to Vietnam who have always wanted to go but never had the money...we want to give back," said Janis Roznowski of Operationcomfort.org.
Riders will train in San Antonio and the trip will be held in March of 2014.
Special bikes will made to accommodate disabled veterans.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web