ABILENE, Texas - The Texas Film Round-up is making its way to Abilene to collect film for free digitization at the Paramount Theatre.
Presented by the Texas Archive of the Moving Image (TAMI) and the Office of the Governor's Texas Film Commission (FTC), the program travels across the state educating Texans on how to best preserve their film and videos and to offer free digitization services.
At this weekend's event, TAMI will consult with individuals and institutions about film and video material. All video and film submissions will be accepted and can consist of home movies, advertisements, corporate film and video, television programs, amateur films and other moving images and will go towards TAMI's media library collection and shared with the public via their online library located Here.
The event will also include a feature film presentation of Bonnie and Clyde, at 7:30 p.m. Friday, May 10, and two more showings at 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday, May 11. The film will then be followed by vintage films of Abilene's curated media from the TAMI collection along with several local archives.
Film and video donations will be returned to contributors after digitization – along with two free DVD copies or digital files of the materials.
Abilenians can drop off their films between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. Friday, May 10, and from 1 p.m. and 8 p.m. Saturday at the Paramount Theatre. Those who drop off film to be donated will receive a free digital copy and the opportunity to contribute to the award-winning state history project.
For tickets, price, and general information click Here.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated