ABILENE, Texas - We spoke to some families on Thursday, on the real meaning of Thanksgiving. People told us why they're thankful.
"Pretty much the desserts and the turkey," said one young man.
Another man said, "Thankful for God and life. Just everyone that's there."
"Family and friends," said one man.
One young lady said, "I'm thankful for my family, my brother and sister."
"Just thankful to have my kids here with my husband," said one mother. "That we all actually get to be together today. I'm very thankful that my kids are here with me."
One woman said, "I'm thankful for the love of Jesus Christ. For my family that has came into town to visit with me."
"I'm thankful for living in a democracy, for my Lord above and my family," said one woman."
"I'm thankful that I'm able to come be with my son," said one mother. "I'm thankful for my husband, my other child, the ones that are back at home. Just thankful for my family."
One young boy said, "I'm thankful for the Golden Corral and my family because they're eating here and it's a really blessed day to eat here because its really good."
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated