ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene School District $87 million bond proposal got a big endorsement Wednesday.
The Abilene Chamber of Commerce announced their support of the school bond. The chamber's President Jason Smith said in part, "They feel the bond is extremely critical to the long-term economic health of Abilene and the entire Big Country."
The school bond will help repair and replace 11 facilities within the district. Voting for the bond happens on November 5th.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Updated Abilene parents offer to pay for after-school programs