ABILENE, Texas - Dozens of children, and some adults, received free coats today.
The Knights of Columbus set up their "Coats for Kids" project at St. Francis Catholic Church. They've been giving away winters coats to struggling families since 2009.
The Knights bought 180 coats, and gave many away Sunday. One member said if they aren't all taken by Sunday night, there will be another opportunity to pick one up next weekend.
If you are interested in donating a coat to keep a child warm, visit their website for more information.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9