ABILENE, Texas - Dozens of children, and some adults, received free coats today.
The Knights of Columbus set up their "Coats for Kids" project at St. Francis Catholic Church. They've been giving away winters coats to struggling families since 2009.
The Knights bought 180 coats, and gave many away Sunday. One member said if they aren't all taken by Sunday night, there will be another opportunity to pick one up next weekend.
If you are interested in donating a coat to keep a child warm, visit their website for more information.
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman