ABILENE, Texas - Thousands gathered at Shotwell Stadium to worship god Wednesday. Students, their friends and family and church groups will participate in Abilene's Fields of Faith event.
Abilene's Fields of Faith is actually the largest in the nation. The event started nine years ago with 1,500 people. This year there were an estimated 8,000 in attendance.
Abilene isn't the only Big Country city that participates in Fields of Faith. Brownwood, Big Spring, San Angelo and Sweetwater all have similar events.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- 3 suspects sought by Abilene police
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth