ABILENE, Texas - Thousands gathered at Shotwell Stadium to worship god Wednesday. Students, their friends and family and church groups will participate in Abilene's Fields of Faith event.
Abilene's Fields of Faith is actually the largest in the nation. The event started nine years ago with 1,500 people. This year there were an estimated 8,000 in attendance.
Abilene isn't the only Big Country city that participates in Fields of Faith. Brownwood, Big Spring, San Angelo and Sweetwater all have similar events.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Updated Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program