ABILENE, Texas - Run or Dye, in all its color, came to the Taylor County Expo Center Saturday and brought thousands of people with it.
"It's just something fun," runner Chelsea Prince said. "You can get dressed up, get colorful. I do it with my best friends.. Just something fun to do with all of us."
Although it's fun, the run is for a serious cause. It benefits the non-profit organization Big Brothers Big Sisters.
One participant, who is a big brother in the program, said it's important to remember the real reason everyone comes together for the event.
"It's really, really important,"runner Alisson Moraes said. "You have fun and at the same time you're helping a good program. I'm a big brother, so it's a really, really good program and you can be a good mentor to a little kid."
Helping an organization reach children is a plus, but one runner said she will continue to run in the race for her health.
"It could start people out," runner Regina Davis said. "If they can do this 5k, maybe they'll go out and do another 5k. Each year I try to do at least three to five."
If you'd like to sign up for a race or get more information on Run or Dye, click on this link to their website.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies