ABILENE, Texas - Run or Dye, in all its color, came to the Taylor County Expo Center Saturday and brought thousands of people with it.
"It's just something fun," runner Chelsea Prince said. "You can get dressed up, get colorful. I do it with my best friends.. Just something fun to do with all of us."
Although it's fun, the run is for a serious cause. It benefits the non-profit organization Big Brothers Big Sisters.
One participant, who is a big brother in the program, said it's important to remember the real reason everyone comes together for the event.
"It's really, really important,"runner Alisson Moraes said. "You have fun and at the same time you're helping a good program. I'm a big brother, so it's a really, really good program and you can be a good mentor to a little kid."
Helping an organization reach children is a plus, but one runner said she will continue to run in the race for her health.
"It could start people out," runner Regina Davis said. "If they can do this 5k, maybe they'll go out and do another 5k. Each year I try to do at least three to five."
If you'd like to sign up for a race or get more information on Run or Dye, click on this link to their website.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated