ABILENE, Texas - Two Abilene restaurants reported break-ins within minutes of each other Tuesday.
According to Abilene police, unknown suspects broke into Alfredo's Mexican Restaurant and Wienerschnitzel on the 2000 block of South 14th. The break-ins happened between 2:44 a.m. and 3:20 a.m. on Tuesday. It is not known whether they are connected.
A police report said the suspect or suspects smashed the drive-thru window of Alfredo's to enter the restaurant. The restaurant reports an undisclosed amount of money and a computer were stolen.
Wienerschnitzel also reported a smashed drive-thru window. It did not appear anything was stolen, according to a police report. Damage to the restaurant is estimated at $1,000.
Meanwhile, a building under construction in Abilene is missing copper wire. The building is located in the 100 block of Orange Street. A police report stated a subject entered the building and stole the wire. The wire is estimated to be valued at $2,000.
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances stay in the forecast
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Associated Press releases it's Texas high school football rankings for Week 1
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase