ABILENE, Texas - Two Abilene restaurants reported break-ins within minutes of each other Tuesday.
According to Abilene police, unknown suspects broke into Alfredo's Mexican Restaurant and Wienerschnitzel on the 2000 block of South 14th. The break-ins happened between 2:44 a.m. and 3:20 a.m. on Tuesday. It is not known whether they are connected.
A police report said the suspect or suspects smashed the drive-thru window of Alfredo's to enter the restaurant. The restaurant reports an undisclosed amount of money and a computer were stolen.
Wienerschnitzel also reported a smashed drive-thru window. It did not appear anything was stolen, according to a police report. Damage to the restaurant is estimated at $1,000.
Meanwhile, a building under construction in Abilene is missing copper wire. The building is located in the 100 block of Orange Street. A police report stated a subject entered the building and stole the wire. The wire is estimated to be valued at $2,000.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account