ABILENE, Texas - Two Abilene restaurants reported break-ins within minutes of each other Tuesday.
According to Abilene police, unknown suspects broke into Alfredo's Mexican Restaurant and Wienerschnitzel on the 2000 block of South 14th. The break-ins happened between 2:44 a.m. and 3:20 a.m. on Tuesday. It is not known whether they are connected.
A police report said the suspect or suspects smashed the drive-thru window of Alfredo's to enter the restaurant. The restaurant reports an undisclosed amount of money and a computer were stolen.
Wienerschnitzel also reported a smashed drive-thru window. It did not appear anything was stolen, according to a police report. Damage to the restaurant is estimated at $1,000.
Meanwhile, a building under construction in Abilene is missing copper wire. The building is located in the 100 block of Orange Street. A police report stated a subject entered the building and stole the wire. The wire is estimated to be valued at $2,000.
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting