ABILENE, Texas - Today is the last opportunity to register to vote in November's joint Abilene ISD bond and state constitutional amendment election.
Early voting for the Nov. 5 election begins Oct. 21 and will continue through Nov. 1.
Those wanting to register may do so by filling out an application at the elections office at the Taylor County Courthouse Plaza, 400 Oak. St., or printing out and mailing an application from the county's website, www.taylorcountytexas.org.
Applications that are mailed have to be postmarked Monday.
On the ballot, in addition to nine state constitutional amendments, is an 87.8 million, single-proposition bond package for Abilene ISD.
The bond includes:
*- New campuses for Bowie, Bonham and Johnston elementary schools;
*- Safety and security enhancements;
* - Consolidation of four early childhood campuses into two renovated locations;
*- Auditorium renovation and asbestos abatement and Abilene and Cooper high schools and Madison and Mann middle schools;
*- Consolidation of four early childhood campuses into two renovated locations;
*- Auditorium renovation and asbestos abatement at Abilene and Cooper high schools and Madison and Mann middle schools;
*- Technology improvements;
*- Elimination of portable classrooms at Madison and Mann, and
*- Campus circulation and paving improvements.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web