ABILENE, Texas - Today is the last opportunity to register to vote in November's joint Abilene ISD bond and state constitutional amendment election.
Early voting for the Nov. 5 election begins Oct. 21 and will continue through Nov. 1.
Those wanting to register may do so by filling out an application at the elections office at the Taylor County Courthouse Plaza, 400 Oak. St., or printing out and mailing an application from the county's website, www.taylorcountytexas.org.
Applications that are mailed have to be postmarked Monday.
On the ballot, in addition to nine state constitutional amendments, is an 87.8 million, single-proposition bond package for Abilene ISD.
The bond includes:
*- New campuses for Bowie, Bonham and Johnston elementary schools;
*- Safety and security enhancements;
* - Consolidation of four early childhood campuses into two renovated locations;
*- Auditorium renovation and asbestos abatement and Abilene and Cooper high schools and Madison and Mann middle schools;
*- Consolidation of four early childhood campuses into two renovated locations;
*- Auditorium renovation and asbestos abatement at Abilene and Cooper high schools and Madison and Mann middle schools;
*- Technology improvements;
*- Elimination of portable classrooms at Madison and Mann, and
*- Campus circulation and paving improvements.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated