ABILENE, Texas - IHOP celebrates National Pancake Day by giving away free pancakes, all to raise money for charity.
From 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Feb. 5, guests can enjoy a complimentary short stack of IHOP pancakes. IHOP is located in Abilene at 3750 S. Clack Street.
Guests in Abilene are encouraged to make a voluntary contribution to Shriners Hospitals.
According to their website, Shriners Hospital is "a 22-facility health care system that provides children with expert pediatric specialty care, regardless of the families' ability to pay for services."
During National Pancake Day 2013, IHOPhopes to raise over $3 million for charities nationwide.
IHOP served four million free pancakes last year, a stack that would be nearly 16 miles high.
For more information, visit www.ihoppancakeday.com.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store