ABILENE, Texas - Many talented singers sang their hearts out at the 2013 Abilene Idol.
Chorus Abilene hosted the auditions Saturday at the Mall of Abilene. The top 15 finalists will perform at the Paramount Theatre on March 23rd.
Even audience members will help select the winners. The top three finalists win cash prizes of $500, $300, and $100.
Proceeds from the event benefit young singers of Chorus Abilene.
Here's a list of the top 15 finalists: Luke Burnam, Cassie Fifield, Carl Garvin, Monique Rosario-Goff, Jocelyn Groves, Paige Hafner, Sean Harris, Dakota Helmick, Jackie Johnson, Charley Nelson, Amy Quinones, Priscilla Rayford, Sierra Scott, Marisa Tate, and Sara Trinidad.
- Updated Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Updated Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Lawmakers: Wells Fargo a 'criminal enterprise' like Enron
- Police: Woman, 64, seriously injured in Big Spring disturbance, man arrested
- Texas prison records show more than 330 transgender inmates
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Abilene city manager proposes study of tiered water rates
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash