ABILENE, Texas - Many talented singers sang their hearts out at the 2013 Abilene Idol.
Chorus Abilene hosted the auditions Saturday at the Mall of Abilene. The top 15 finalists will perform at the Paramount Theatre on March 23rd.
Even audience members will help select the winners. The top three finalists win cash prizes of $500, $300, and $100.
Proceeds from the event benefit young singers of Chorus Abilene.
Here's a list of the top 15 finalists: Luke Burnam, Cassie Fifield, Carl Garvin, Monique Rosario-Goff, Jocelyn Groves, Paige Hafner, Sean Harris, Dakota Helmick, Jackie Johnson, Charley Nelson, Amy Quinones, Priscilla Rayford, Sierra Scott, Marisa Tate, and Sara Trinidad.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated