ABILENE, Texas - Many talented singers sang their hearts out at the 2013 Abilene Idol.
Chorus Abilene hosted the auditions Saturday at the Mall of Abilene. The top 15 finalists will perform at the Paramount Theatre on March 23rd.
Even audience members will help select the winners. The top three finalists win cash prizes of $500, $300, and $100.
Proceeds from the event benefit young singers of Chorus Abilene.
Here's a list of the top 15 finalists: Luke Burnam, Cassie Fifield, Carl Garvin, Monique Rosario-Goff, Jocelyn Groves, Paige Hafner, Sean Harris, Dakota Helmick, Jackie Johnson, Charley Nelson, Amy Quinones, Priscilla Rayford, Sierra Scott, Marisa Tate, and Sara Trinidad.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Arizona woman finds 7-foot-long snake near trash
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed