ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Christian University hosted the "Tour of Abilene" cycling race Saturday morning.
Around 100 cyclists came from seven D1 universities including University of Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M University, Texas State University and Oklahoma University to participate in the race.
Traffic was limited to one lane on Ambler Ave. while cyclists lapped the ACU campus. They will meet again on Sunday at Lake Fort Phantom to compete in the road race.
ACU student and organizer of the event Dillon Fowler said the cycling team started planning for the race three months ago.
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death