ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Christian University hosted the "Tour of Abilene" cycling race Saturday morning.
Around 100 cyclists came from seven D1 universities including University of Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M University, Texas State University and Oklahoma University to participate in the race.
Traffic was limited to one lane on Ambler Ave. while cyclists lapped the ACU campus. They will meet again on Sunday at Lake Fort Phantom to compete in the road race.
ACU student and organizer of the event Dillon Fowler said the cycling team started planning for the race three months ago.
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase