ABILENE, Texas - MAGNOLIA, Texas (AP) - A 3-year-old Southeast Texas boy has died in a fire in a travel trailer.
The Montgomery County fire marshal's office identified the victim of the Saturday morning blaze west of Magnolia as Dakota Myers. His body was found in a back room.
A 10-year-old cousin also in the mobile home was able to flee. He and another adult have been treated for smoke inhalation.
An assistant fire marshal, Scott Burlin, tells Houston TV station KTRK relatives and neighbors and then firefighters tried to reach the child's room but the flames were too intense.
Cause for the blaze hasn't been determined yet but authorities say the place did not have working smoke detectors.
Magnolia is about 40 miles northwest of Houston.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated