ABILENE, Texas - MAGNOLIA, Texas (AP) - A 3-year-old Southeast Texas boy has died in a fire in a travel trailer.
The Montgomery County fire marshal's office identified the victim of the Saturday morning blaze west of Magnolia as Dakota Myers. His body was found in a back room.
A 10-year-old cousin also in the mobile home was able to flee. He and another adult have been treated for smoke inhalation.
An assistant fire marshal, Scott Burlin, tells Houston TV station KTRK relatives and neighbors and then firefighters tried to reach the child's room but the flames were too intense.
Cause for the blaze hasn't been determined yet but authorities say the place did not have working smoke detectors.
Magnolia is about 40 miles northwest of Houston.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking