ABILENE, Texas - MAGNOLIA, Texas (AP) - A 3-year-old Southeast Texas boy has died in a fire in a travel trailer.
The Montgomery County fire marshal's office identified the victim of the Saturday morning blaze west of Magnolia as Dakota Myers. His body was found in a back room.
A 10-year-old cousin also in the mobile home was able to flee. He and another adult have been treated for smoke inhalation.
An assistant fire marshal, Scott Burlin, tells Houston TV station KTRK relatives and neighbors and then firefighters tried to reach the child's room but the flames were too intense.
Cause for the blaze hasn't been determined yet but authorities say the place did not have working smoke detectors.
Magnolia is about 40 miles northwest of Houston.
- August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Shuttle bus rear-ended at Boston airport, killing 2 Texans
- Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested