ABILENE, Texas - A preferential trial date has been set for an Abilene man accused of sexually assaulting children.
Hector Gloria, 39, was set to take a plea deal last week in the 350th District Court; however, he opted to undergo a jury trial Nov. 18.
Gloria is charged with one count of continuous sexual abuse of a child that dates back to January 31, 2012 and two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child that date back to Jan. 1, 2008 and Dec. 31, 1997.
Police told KTXS in September 2012 they had trouble locating Gloria during their initial investigation of the alleged 2008 offense but he was arrested in Hidalgo County and then booked into the Taylor County Jail that month.
As of Thursday, Gloria is jailed in lieu of $300,000 total bond.
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen