ABILENE, Texas - Opening statements began Monday in the jury trial for an Abilene man accused of sexually assaulting a young relative over the course of several years.
Archer Lee Evans, 42, faces two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child, one count of sexual assault of a child, one count of continuous sexual abuse of a child and one count of indecency with a child.
According to court records, the victims claims Evans allegedly began assaulting her when she was only three years old and the victim made an outcry in 2012 at the age of 16.
Jury selection began Monday morning and opening statements began around 3 p.m. in the 350th District Court under Judge Thomas Wheeler.
- Abilene City Council to review entire code of ordinances
- Taylor County grand jury indicts 32 on criminal charges
- Abilene women indicted for trafficking meth with children in car
- Outdoor workout equipment now available at Red Bud Park in Abilene
- Abilene City Council approves rezoning for downtown microbrewery