ABILENE, Texas - Trinity Baptist Church is holding Vacation Bible School this week.
Children ages four to 5th grade learned the importance of embracing their differences through a "weird animals" theme.
The kids also sang songs, learned Bible verses and played team-building activities.
One crew leader said it's important that children understand that even if they're not like everyone else, it's okay.
"When you're kid, you go through a ton of stages where you're different," Ian Webber, crew leader, said. "You don't know why you're different, sometimes you don't even know if you're different."
"That's the whole emphasis, we're trying to make sure that they know being different is okay and being different is a positive thing."
- Updated Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated High levels of ammonia in Texas home where some 430 animals found
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores