ABILENE, Texas - Trinity Baptist Church is holding Vacation Bible School this week.
Children ages four to 5th grade learned the importance of embracing their differences through a "weird animals" theme.
The kids also sang songs, learned Bible verses and played team-building activities.
One crew leader said it's important that children understand that even if they're not like everyone else, it's okay.
"When you're kid, you go through a ton of stages where you're different," Ian Webber, crew leader, said. "You don't know why you're different, sometimes you don't even know if you're different."
"That's the whole emphasis, we're trying to make sure that they know being different is okay and being different is a positive thing."
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital