ABILENE, Texas - A jackknifed 18-wheeler diverted traffic for several hours Tuesday night on Highway 277 near FM 89 south of Abilene.
The accident happened about 5:45 p.m.
Officers at the scene said the driver of the truck was headed north on 277 when he lost control on the wet road and crashed. A second 18-wheeler couldn't stop in time and then hit that truck.
The first truck ended up blocking both lanes of Highway 277 for several hours.
No one was injured.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated