ABILENE, Texas - Police are on the lookout for a truck that hit a pedestrian and drove away early Wednesday.
The accident happened at 12:30 a.m. Wednesday on South 14th Street and Danville.
Abilene Police said a woman reported a suspect stole belongings of hers. A 27-year-old man attempted to stop the suspects from leaving.
The man stood in front of a suspect's vehicle. Police said the suspect drove over the man, dragging him for some distance. The suspect then ran from the scene.
The victim was taken to Hendrick Medical Center, but later flown to a Lubbock hospital.
Police said he has serious injuries.
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning