ABILENE, Texas - Police are on the lookout for a truck that hit a pedestrian and drove away early Wednesday.
The accident happened at 12:30 a.m. Wednesday on South 14th Street and Danville.
Abilene Police said a woman reported a suspect stole belongings of hers. A 27-year-old man attempted to stop the suspects from leaving.
The man stood in front of a suspect's vehicle. Police said the suspect drove over the man, dragging him for some distance. The suspect then ran from the scene.
The victim was taken to Hendrick Medical Center, but later flown to a Lubbock hospital.
Police said he has serious injuries.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth