ABILENE, Texas - Police are on the lookout for a truck that hit a pedestrian and drove away early Wednesday.
The accident happened at 12:30 a.m. Wednesday on South 14th Street and Danville.
Abilene Police said a woman reported a suspect stole belongings of hers. A 27-year-old man attempted to stop the suspects from leaving.
The man stood in front of a suspect's vehicle. Police said the suspect drove over the man, dragging him for some distance. The suspect then ran from the scene.
The victim was taken to Hendrick Medical Center, but later flown to a Lubbock hospital.
Police said he has serious injuries.
- Updated DISH Network subscribers lose access to KTXS, ABC38, MeTV programming
- Updated Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning
- Colorado City vet seriously injured in crash, fundraising effort underway
- Police: 2 children taken in 1985 found, mom arrested in Texas
- Video shows dog chained to open trailer on highway
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Brown County Youth Fair steer auctioned for record $15,000
- Brownwood holds 5th annual MLK Day parade, ceremony
- Brown County fire department asking for help buying new truck
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- Clyde family seeks memorial quilt accidentally donated to Goodwill