ABILENE, Texas - Police are on the lookout for a truck that hit a pedestrian and drove away early Wednesday.
The accident happened at 12:30 a.m. Wednesday on South 14th Street and Danville.
Abilene Police said a woman reported a suspect stole belongings of hers. A 27-year-old man attempted to stop the suspects from leaving.
The man stood in front of a suspect's vehicle. Police said the suspect drove over the man, dragging him for some distance. The suspect then ran from the scene.
The victim was taken to Hendrick Medical Center, but later flown to a Lubbock hospital.
Police said he has serious injuries.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated