ABILENE, Texas - A truck hit a utility pole and caused a downed power line across the westbound I-20 frontage road at SH 351 earlier this morning in the Texas Department of Transportation's construction project area.
"It caused some major traffic delays while workers moved the power line out of the way," TxDOT spokeswoman Darah Waldrip said. "Although traffic is moving again, the utility company will need to close the frontage road to traffic again to reinstall the power line."
Waldrip said the power line should be back up and traffic should be back to normal by mid to late morning.
- Updated Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated High levels of ammonia in Texas home where some 430 animals found
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores