ABILENE, Texas - A truck rolled into Lake Kirby late Thursday after the driver – a man in his mid-20s – said he forget to put it in park.
The truck slid into the south side of the lake and slowly sank. He was the only occupant in the vehicle.
The driver of the truck was able to get to land and did not have to be taken to an Abilene hospital. Alcohol is not believed to be a factor in the accident.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Justin Ross Harris gets life for leaving boy in hot car to die
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade