ABILENE, Texas - A truck rolled into Lake Kirby late Thursday after the driver – a man in his mid-20s – said he forget to put it in park.
The truck slid into the south side of the lake and slowly sank. He was the only occupant in the vehicle.
The driver of the truck was able to get to land and did not have to be taken to an Abilene hospital. Alcohol is not believed to be a factor in the accident.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't