ABILENE, Texas - A truck rolled into Lake Kirby late Thursday after the driver – a man in his mid-20s – said he forget to put it in park.
The truck slid into the south side of the lake and slowly sank. He was the only occupant in the vehicle.
The driver of the truck was able to get to land and did not have to be taken to an Abilene hospital. Alcohol is not believed to be a factor in the accident.
- WATCH NOW: Live coverage of President Donald Trump's inauguration
- West Texas teacher admits luring immigrant teachers for kickbacks
- Texas judge cited after allegedly making obscene gesture
- Updated Abilene High School students attend presidential inauguration
- Firefighters battle grass fire west of Anson