ABILENE, Texas - If you passed by the Texas State Technical College campus in Abilene Thursday morning – you were no doubt greeted by what appeared to be a grisly scene.
TSTC students spent the morning running through a mass casualty incident drill. Students had to practice retrieving would-be victims from crashed cars while coordinating with various first responders. They also had to practice putting the victims on stretchers and loading them into ambulances or a helicopter.
A TSTC spokeswoman said the drill helps students get practice before they are certified to deal with such incidents.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide