ABILENE, Texas - If you passed by the Texas State Technical College campus in Abilene Thursday morning – you were no doubt greeted by what appeared to be a grisly scene.
TSTC students spent the morning running through a mass casualty incident drill. Students had to practice retrieving would-be victims from crashed cars while coordinating with various first responders. They also had to practice putting the victims on stretchers and loading them into ambulances or a helicopter.
A TSTC spokeswoman said the drill helps students get practice before they are certified to deal with such incidents.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9