ABILENE, Texas - If you passed by the Texas State Technical College campus in Abilene Thursday morning – you were no doubt greeted by what appeared to be a grisly scene.
TSTC students spent the morning running through a mass casualty incident drill. Students had to practice retrieving would-be victims from crashed cars while coordinating with various first responders. They also had to practice putting the victims on stretchers and loading them into ambulances or a helicopter.
A TSTC spokeswoman said the drill helps students get practice before they are certified to deal with such incidents.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances