ABILENE, Texas - If you passed by the Texas State Technical College campus in Abilene Thursday morning – you were no doubt greeted by what appeared to be a grisly scene.
TSTC students spent the morning running through a mass casualty incident drill. Students had to practice retrieving would-be victims from crashed cars while coordinating with various first responders. They also had to practice putting the victims on stretchers and loading them into ambulances or a helicopter.
A TSTC spokeswoman said the drill helps students get practice before they are certified to deal with such incidents.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas