ABILENE, Texas - Two Abilene drivers were allegedly caught with dozens of active surcharges on their licenses.
Darrell Fountain, 47, and Jay Miranda, 38, were arrested Wednesday in separate traffic stops.
Police said Miranda was pulled over on South 11th Street and his invalid license had 31 active surcharges on it. Fountain was pulled over on Poplar Street and allegedly had 37 active surcharges on his license. Police said both had prior convictions for driving without valid licenses.
Each was booked into the Taylor County Jail on enhanced driving without valid license charges.
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week