ABILENE, Texas - Two Abilene drivers were allegedly caught with dozens of active surcharges on their licenses.
Darrell Fountain, 47, and Jay Miranda, 38, were arrested Wednesday in separate traffic stops.
Police said Miranda was pulled over on South 11th Street and his invalid license had 31 active surcharges on it. Fountain was pulled over on Poplar Street and allegedly had 37 active surcharges on his license. Police said both had prior convictions for driving without valid licenses.
Each was booked into the Taylor County Jail on enhanced driving without valid license charges.
- Updated Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills