ABILENE, TX - Two ACU students, Deanna Romero, 19 and Rebekah Cherniss, 18 remain in the hospital after being injured Friday night in a wreck that killed two.
Hendrick Medical Center said their status is unchanged. Romero is listed in good condition and Cherniss is in fair condition. Neither woman has been given a release date yet.
The accident involved two pickup trucks colliding at the intersection of County Road 107 and Highway 36, just east of Abilene Regional Airport. Lindsey Smith, 20, of New Braunfels, and Jeffrey Davis, 27, were killed in the crash. Davis was the driver of the second vehicle. Smith was in the vehicle carrying six ACU students.
DPS said Davis ran a stop sign.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9