ABILENE, Texas - Two Abilene school campuses were put on lock down Thursday morning.
AISD officials tell us an individual was trying to gain access to Madison Middle School. The administration locked all entrances to the building and the students were told to remain where they were. They also called Jackson Elementary school as a precautionary measure.
The lock down only lasted for about ten minutes. No arrests were made and school officials tell us there was no weapon on the person.
We called Abilene Police, they said it was not a threatening situation. However, we wanted to pass on the word for any parents who may have been concerned.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Updated Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program