ABILENE, Texas - Two Abilene school campuses were put on lock down Thursday morning.
AISD officials tell us an individual was trying to gain access to Madison Middle School. The administration locked all entrances to the building and the students were told to remain where they were. They also called Jackson Elementary school as a precautionary measure.
The lock down only lasted for about ten minutes. No arrests were made and school officials tell us there was no weapon on the person.
We called Abilene Police, they said it was not a threatening situation. However, we wanted to pass on the word for any parents who may have been concerned.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth