ABILENE, Texas - Shots fired Friday night near an Abilene Police Officer led to two arrests.
According to the Abilene Police Department, officers were called out to a possible fight in the 300 block of Burger Street.
Police said a vehicle drove by the house and the passenger allegedly fired shots near the officer.
Akeem Perkins, 23, and Phillip Wilson, 22, drove off and then officers attempted to pull them over.
Perkins fled on foot at North 6th and Woodlawn Dr. The other suspect stayed in the car.
Officers then went on a foot chase and found Perkins in the backyard with bullets in his pocket and a handgun.
They were both arrested for first degree felony assault on a peace officer.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck