ABILENE, Texas - Shots fired Friday night near an Abilene Police Officer led to two arrests.
According to the Abilene Police Department, officers were called out to a possible fight in the 300 block of Burger Street.
Police said a vehicle drove by the house and the passenger allegedly fired shots near the officer.
Akeem Perkins, 23, and Phillip Wilson, 22, drove off and then officers attempted to pull them over.
Perkins fled on foot at North 6th and Woodlawn Dr. The other suspect stayed in the car.
Officers then went on a foot chase and found Perkins in the backyard with bullets in his pocket and a handgun.
They were both arrested for first degree felony assault on a peace officer.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck