ABILENE, Texas - Shots fired Friday night near an Abilene Police Officer led to two arrests.
According to the Abilene Police Department, officers were called out to a possible fight in the 300 block of Burger Street.
Police said a vehicle drove by the house and the passenger allegedly fired shots near the officer.
Akeem Perkins, 23, and Phillip Wilson, 22, drove off and then officers attempted to pull them over.
Perkins fled on foot at North 6th and Woodlawn Dr. The other suspect stayed in the car.
Officers then went on a foot chase and found Perkins in the backyard with bullets in his pocket and a handgun.
They were both arrested for first degree felony assault on a peace officer.
- Updated Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Updated Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer