ABILENE, Texas - Two men were seen running away from a burning storage shed at 858 Butternut after 4:30 p.m. Friday.
Abilene Police and the Fire Department's Fire Investigation Unit detained the two men who are homeless.
Officials on the scene told KTXS the men were living in the storage building without permission. There was a warming fire inside the building that became out of control. Police are looking into whether alcohol played a factor.
The men face charges of reckless arson.
No one was injured in the fire.
- Residents in Big Country report fireball in sky, loud boom
- Updated 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar after mistaken announcement
- From Snyder to Hollywood: Theater program grooms actors
- Updated Air Force sergeant convicted of misconduct with 8 women
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program