ABILENE, Texas - Two men were seen running away from a burning storage shed at 858 Butternut after 4:30 p.m. Friday.
Abilene Police and the Fire Department's Fire Investigation Unit detained the two men who are homeless.
Officials on the scene told KTXS the men were living in the storage building without permission. There was a warming fire inside the building that became out of control. Police are looking into whether alcohol played a factor.
The men face charges of reckless arson.
No one was injured in the fire.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Phoenix-area woman finds 7-foot-long snake near trash
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed