ABILENE, Texas - Two people died when two pickup trucks collided at the intersection of County Road 107 and Highway 36 just east of Abilene Regional Airport Friday night.
According to a DPS spokesperson, a red pickup driven by 27-year-old Jeffrey Davis of Abilene was headed north on CR 107 when it collided at the intersection with a pickup traveling south on Highway 36. The truck on Highway 36 was carrying six people, all of them students.
The DPS confirms one Abilene Christian University student, 20-year-old Lindsey Smith of New Braunfels, died at the scene.
Another student, 20-year-old Robert Braddock of Deer Park, Texas, was taken by helicopter to Hendrick Medical Center. The other injured students, Eric Terrazas, 20, from Argyle, Texas, Calli Kerbo, 18, from Murfeesboro, Tenn., Rebekah Cherniss, 18, from Katy, Texas, and Deanna Romero, 19, from Omaha, Neb., are also at Hendrick Medical Center
Davis also died at the scene.
The Potosi Volunteer Fire Department, DPS troopers, and Taylor County sheriff's deputies worked the accident scene.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS