ABILENE, Texas - Two girls were taken to the hospital Wednesday after being struck by a car.
According to Abilene police, they were crossing the street at a crosswalk at South 27th and Marshall on Wednesday afternoon.
Officers said the girls, both 11, were in the right-of-way, other cars had stopped, and one driver didn't see them.
The girls' injuries weren't life threatening.
It remained unclear whether the driver would face charges.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Above normal temperatures continue
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth