ABILENE, Texas - Two girls were taken to the hospital Wednesday after being struck by a car.
According to Abilene police, they were crossing the street at a crosswalk at South 27th and Marshall on Wednesday afternoon.
Officers said the girls, both 11, were in the right-of-way, other cars had stopped, and one driver didn't see them.
The girls' injuries weren't life threatening.
It remained unclear whether the driver would face charges.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Updated Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck