ABILENE, Texas - Wet weather conditions lead to an early morning accident that sent two people to the hospital. It happened along I-20 near mile marker 285 around 3:30 this morning.
According to the Abilene Fire Department, the driver of an Impala was traveling west on I-20 when it hit a guardrail, spun around, and was then hit head on by an SUV. The driver of the Impala sustained internal injuries. The SUV was carrying a family of five and their two dogs. Emergency personnel said one of the dogs was thrown from the SUV and died.
The condition of the driver of the SUV is unknown.
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman