ABILENE, Texas - Wet weather conditions lead to an early morning accident that sent two people to the hospital. It happened along I-20 near mile marker 285 around 3:30 this morning.
According to the Abilene Fire Department, the driver of an Impala was traveling west on I-20 when it hit a guardrail, spun around, and was then hit head on by an SUV. The driver of the Impala sustained internal injuries. The SUV was carrying a family of five and their two dogs. Emergency personnel said one of the dogs was thrown from the SUV and died.
The condition of the driver of the SUV is unknown.
- Updated 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Updated Oakland fire kills at least 9 at warehouse party, fire chief says
- Dyess Air Force Base unveils Wall of Honor
- Updated Abilene church raises money for Kenyan orphans
- McMurry University hosts annual high school debates
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children