ABILENE, Texas - Wet weather conditions lead to an early morning accident that sent two people to the hospital. It happened along I-20 near mile marker 285 around 3:30 this morning.
According to the Abilene Fire Department, the driver of an Impala was traveling west on I-20 when it hit a guardrail, spun around, and was then hit head on by an SUV. The driver of the Impala sustained internal injuries. The SUV was carrying a family of five and their two dogs. Emergency personnel said one of the dogs was thrown from the SUV and died.
The condition of the driver of the SUV is unknown.
- Texas Senate to vote on bill to fund downtown Abilene hotel
- Abilene splash pads to open for summer Wednesday
- Early voting can have significant impact on elections
- 18-wheeler carrying sheet rock flips on Abilene highway
- Abilene City Council asking for public input during special meeting
- Survey of Abilene homeless population shows increase in numbers
- Brown County police chief disgusted Brownwood man's sentence was shortened
- RadioShack latest victim in wave of corporate closures in Brownwood
- Brownwood man commuted by President Obama released from jail on Tuesday
- Police: Brownwood man wasn't victim of drive-by shooting, instead shot himself
- Brown County commissioners approve reducing speed limit on CC Woodson Road
- Brown County political forum scheduled for Tuesday night
- Coleman County voters to decide on $9.1 million bond for new LEC
- Breckenridge woman killed in rollover crash
- Zephyr ISD approves new football turf amid ongoing litigation
- Albany City Councilman gets 10 years of probation for indecency with child
- Students honor Snyder High School math teacher killed in West Texas crash
- Hwy 84/183 in Brown County reopened after 2-hour delay