ABILENE, Texas - The Texas Department of Transportation and Development, along with the Abilene Metropolitan Planning Organization, held a public meeting Thursday to talk about upcoming projects.
About 75 people showed up to the Thursday night meeting to hear about projects including converting two-way frontage roads to one-way roads on parts of 83/84 and Loop 322.
Frontage roads along US 83/84 from Canyon Rock Road to FM 707 will be changed to one-way. It will also convert the roads at Loop 322 from Maple Street to FM 1750 at Potosi Road.
"This will be a great safety enhancement for Abilene and will bring much more consistency to the frontage road system," said Darah Waldrip, TxDOT spokeswoman.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account