ABILENE, Texas - The Texas Department of Transportation and Development, along with the Abilene Metropolitan Planning Organization, held a public meeting Thursday to talk about upcoming projects.
About 75 people showed up to the Thursday night meeting to hear about projects including converting two-way frontage roads to one-way roads on parts of 83/84 and Loop 322.
Frontage roads along US 83/84 from Canyon Rock Road to FM 707 will be changed to one-way. It will also convert the roads at Loop 322 from Maple Street to FM 1750 at Potosi Road.
"This will be a great safety enhancement for Abilene and will bring much more consistency to the frontage road system," said Darah Waldrip, TxDOT spokeswoman.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store