ABILENE, Texas - Ninety-four percent of Texans say they buckle up on the road, and if you're not one of them, now is a good time to start.
The "Click it or Ticket" campaign starts Monday and goes through June 2.
Law enforcement officials across the state are partnering with TxDOT and will be on the lookout for unbuckled drivers.
Drivers will be ticketed as law enforcement works to prevent fatalities and raise awareness about safe driving.
Texas law requires anyone riding in a vehicle to wear a seatbelt.
Those who break the law face a ticket and up to $200 in fines.
Last year more than 21,000 citations were issued during the campaign.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web