ABILENE, Texas - Ninety-four percent of Texans say they buckle up on the road, and if you're not one of them, now is a good time to start.
The "Click it or Ticket" campaign starts Monday and goes through June 2.
Law enforcement officials across the state are partnering with TxDOT and will be on the lookout for unbuckled drivers.
Drivers will be ticketed as law enforcement works to prevent fatalities and raise awareness about safe driving.
Texas law requires anyone riding in a vehicle to wear a seatbelt.
Those who break the law face a ticket and up to $200 in fines.
Last year more than 21,000 citations were issued during the campaign.
- Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco
- Texas detective fired for mishandling child abuse cases
- American Airlines plane lands safely despite engine flames