ABILENE, Texas - Ninety-four percent of Texans say they buckle up on the road, and if you're not one of them, now is a good time to start.
The "Click it or Ticket" campaign starts Monday and goes through June 2.
Law enforcement officials across the state are partnering with TxDOT and will be on the lookout for unbuckled drivers.
Drivers will be ticketed as law enforcement works to prevent fatalities and raise awareness about safe driving.
Texas law requires anyone riding in a vehicle to wear a seatbelt.
Those who break the law face a ticket and up to $200 in fines.
Last year more than 21,000 citations were issued during the campaign.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated