ABILENE, Texas - Below is a press release for construction and maintenance projects in and around Abilene for the week of August 5-9:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- Loop 322 from I-20 to the Waldrop Interchange: Resurfacing continues on the main lanes. Drivers should expect intermittent lane closures.
- Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
- FM 2833 (East Lake Road): Crews will continue blade patching.
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Work continues on inside lanes, turnarounds and ramps on the east end of the project. Eastbound exit #290 to Loop 322/SH 36 and the entrance ramp past SH 351 remain closed as crews build new ramps.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
- FM 3438: Silt removal.
- I-20 Business: Paved ditch maintenance. Work will require lane closures on South 1st Street between Pioneer Drive and Butternut Street. Work locations will vary between Leggett and Sayles.
- FM 1235 near 4th Street in Merkel: Base failure repair.
Texas Department of Transportation
The Texas Department of Transportation is responsible for maintaining 80,000 miles of road and for supporting aviation, rail, and public transportation across the state. TxDOT and its 11,000 employees are committed to working with others to provide safe and reliable transportation solutions for Texas by maintaining a safe system, addressing congestion, connecting Texas communities, and being a Best in Class state agency. Find out more at www.txdot.gov. Fan us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/txdot; and follow us on Twitter, www.twitter.com/txdotablpio.
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon